VHF Milling Machines Classic Line
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 January 2016 06:52
- Hits: 2507
- Technical Data & Dimensions
- What are hybrid motors
- More Information
vhf’s Classic line has been successfully present on the market since 1992. Numerous detail improvements of the basic mechanics which has proven its worth for more than thousand times and a completely new developed controller of the third generation guarantee the state of the art.
- for precise milling works and finest engravings.
- high rigidity and little weight.
- ball screw spindles free from backlash for all axes.
- positioning range: 290 x 335 mm – 1,040 x 1,250 mm.
- z axis lift: 70 – 460 mm.
- repetition accuracy: ± 0.01 mm.
- our classic: successfully on the market since 1992, continuous adaptation to the latest technical state-of-the-art.
The very stable basic mechanics is a key feature. Its low-vibration construction with precise steel linear guides and highly accurate hybrid motor drives makes the CNC milling machines universally applicable for powerful milling works and finest engravings.
We deliberately use high-tensile aluminium profiles for the construction of our CAM systems. The honeycomb construction of these profiles guarantees extreme stiffness of the whole system and little weight. One decisive advantage goes along with this fact: There is less mass to be moved around with the axes. This leads to greater acceleration dynamics and to higher processing speeds. On top of that, due to the protective anodic oxidation of the aluminium, your CNC milling machine will always look as if it were new – even after years.
- construction using high-strength aluminium profiles ensures extreme stiffness and low weight
- slot table for easily fastening workpieces and fixing devices
- precise steel linear guides driven by hybrid motors
- ball screw spindles free from backlash with flanged bearings; lead in x/y/z direction: 16 x 4 mm, for CAM 100 16 x 5 mm (other leads are available)
- dimensioning of x/z axis: 175 mm
- teflon-coated rubber seal protects the spindles from chips
- repetition accuracy ± 0.01 mm
- 3 end/reference switches, accuracy 0.01 mm
- cable drag chains for all cables
- easy-to-maintain construction
|x/y positioning |
|Mounting area |
|z axis lift |
|z passage height |
|Ext. dimensions** |
(W x D in mm)
|CAM 100 Classic||290 x 335||500 x 600||70||105||910 x 790|
|CAM 200 Classic||540 x 500||750 x 850||70||190||1,210 x 1,075|
|CAM 220 Classic||540 x 500||750 x 850||160, 260*,460*||190, 300*, 500*||1,210 x 1,075|
|CAM 250 Classic||540 x 750||750 x 1,100||160, 260*,460*||190, 300*, 500*||1,210 x 1,325|
|CAM 300 Classic||790 x 850||1,000 x 1,350||160, 260*,460*||190, 300*, 500*||1,460 x 1,575|
|AM 450 Classic||1,040 x 1,250||1,250 x 1,750||160, 260*,460*||190, 300*, 500*||1,710 x 1,975|
* optional equipment.
** The external dimensions do not include the foot plates, they overlap 20 mm at each side (except CAM 100). The height of the machine varies depending on passage height/z axis and a possible housing.
Hybrid motors are brushless motors which are equipped with high-grade ball bearings. They have permanent magnets as well as electromagnets. We always use them for driving vhf CAM systems because they offer a number of advantages:
- rotational speed stability even under load variations; this enables finer resolutions
- highest torque in the lower speed range, no complex and maintenance intensive gear units necessary
- lowest after-running and smallest transient response – micro step operation additionally increases the positioning accuracy considerably
- highest holding torque without brake during standstill which leads to a generally increased stiffness of the machine
- reduced risk of machine damage and injury at blockage
- longest lifetime and maintenance-free
- our HighTorque hybrid motors are the highest-quality version of stepper motors
- contact us for more details about VHF Milling Machines Classic Line